In 1765, a German immigrant named Johannes Hocker purchased 200 acres of land west of the Wissahickon Creek and named it “Erdenheim”, meaning “Earthly Home” or “Sanctuary”.
Purchased by the McCausland family in 2009, this tranquil and verdant land is home to prize winning Cheviot Sheep, Black Angus cattle, and elegant Morgan Horses. As stewards of the land, we at the farm work to preserve and protect this special place everyday. Situated on close to 450 acres, Erdenheim Farm remains one of the last sanctuaries of pastoral life within the greater Philadelphia area.
Erdenheim Farm Hours – Farm Stand Only
Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm
View Larger Map
Erdenheim Farm is a dedicated catalyst of conservation and preservation in the Whitemarsh Valley. Read more.
More about our greenhouse and apiary, our Black Angus, Highland, and Belted Galloway herds, our award-winning Cheviot sheep, and more. Read more.
Delicious, fresh produce from our very own gardens and greenhouse. You can also purchase Erdenheim Black Angus beef, lamb, free range eggs, and honey. Read more.
Latest From The Blog
The mother of all cast iron breakfast successes!
We’ve been spending a lot of time […]